Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Butterfly Claire


This little dress is from a Portabellopixie pattern called Claire, size 6. All fabrics are 100% cotton. The bright multicolored fabric for the main dress is covered by butterfly's. The apron is yellow with little red and white flowers and I used red piping around the edges. I used elastic around the neckline and sleeves.


100% cotton fabrics, yellow thread, piping and elastic.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Patriotic Belly Dance Costume


This is one of three bellydance costumes that I made for a show my daughters did. The theme of the show was America, which is why I used the red, white and blue colors. The top and hip yoke are red velvet and the skirt is a white chiffon. The top buttons in the back and the skirt zips on the side. I adorn the outfit with hand sewn sequins and bead trims. I did use a pattern which I altered to give the desired look. I stayed awake for 48 hours to get these done for the show!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Gwendolyn's Summer Dress

This is a summer dress that I made for my daughter Gwendolyn. It was made using a retro pattern by butterick #6175. The fabric is silky to touch and is very fluid but I am unsure of the type of fabric. Matching the design on the fabric was quite the chore and this is the 2nd one that I made due to size and the ill matching design. Gwendolyn has added a belt to it for her own style. This dress is great for warm weather get togethers !