I just signed the petition "Restore funding to the military tuition assistance program." on Change.org.
It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:
Friday, March 1, 2013
Sewing Books I'm Using and Reading
Starting from the top photo at the top of the books I will list the books and author if you wish to check on these for your self.
1. "The Dressmaker's Technique Bible" A complete guide to fashion sewing by Lorna Knight May be purchased here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-dressmakers-technique-bible-lorna-knight/1009176798
2. "Hat Shop" 25 Project to sew, from Practical to Fascinating. By Susanne Woods May be purchased here: http://www.amazon.com/Hat-Shop-Practical-Fascinating-Collective/dp/1607056208/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362195502&sr=1-1&keywords=Hat+Shop
3. "ShapeShape" Sewing Clothing Patterns to wear Multiple Ways. Natsuno Hiraiwa May be purchased here: http://www.amazon.com/Shape-Sewing-Clothing-Patterns-Multiple/dp/1596683554/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362195446&sr=1-1&keywords=ShapeShape
4. "Sewing Bits & Pieces" 35 projects using fabric scraps. by Sandi Henderson May be purchased here: http://www.amazon.com/Sewing-Bits-Pieces-Projects-Fabric/dp/0470539240/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362195379&sr=1-1&keywords=Sewing+Bits+%26+Pieces
5. "Sewn by Hand" two dozen projects stitched with needle & thread. by Susan Wasinger May be purchased here: http://www.amazon.com/Sewn-Hand-Projects-Stitched-Needle/dp/1600596681/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362195321&sr=1-1&keywords=Sewn+by+Hand
6. "Couture Sewing Technique" Revised & Updated by Claire B Shaeffer May be purchased here: http://www.amazon.com/Couture-Sewing-Techniques-Revised-Updated/dp/1600853358
7. "One-Yard Wonders" 101 sewing project to be made with one yard of fabric. by Rebecca Yaker & Patricia Hoskins may be purchased here: http://www.amazon.com/One-Yard-Wonders-Sewing-Fabric-Projects/dp/1603424490
8. "Amy Butler's Little stitches for little ones" 20 keepsake projects for baby and mom. May be purchased here: http://www.amazon.com/Amy-Butlers-Little-Stitches-Ones/dp/0811861287
9. "The Burdastyle Sewing Handbook" 15 creative projects & master patterns. By Nora Abousteit with Alison Kelly. May be purchased here: http://kollabora.com/store/products/burdastyle-sewing-handbook?tab=details
10. "Burdastyle Sewing Vintage Modern" Mastering Iconic Looks from the 1920's to 1980's. 19 creative projects with master patterns. May be purchased here: http://kollabora.com/store/products/burdastyle-sewing-vintage-modern?tab=details
11. "Gertie's New Book For Better Sewing" A modern guide to couture-style sewing using basic vintage techniques. by Gretchen Hirsch May be purchased here: http://kollabora.com/store/products/gertie-s-new-book-better-sewing?tab=details
12. "The Colette Sewing Handbook" Inspired Styles and Classic Techniques for the New Seamstress. Includes 5 Exclusive patterns from Colette Patterns. By Sarai Mitnick May be purchased here: http://www.colettepatterns.com/shop/colette-sewing-handbook
13. "Sewing Clothes Kids Love" 10 Full size Sewing patterns & instructions for boys and girls outfits. by Nancy J. S. Langdon & Sabine Pollehn may be purchased here: http://www.amazon.com/Sewing-Clothes-Kids-Love-Instructions/dp/1589234731
I wish you luck on not becoming a collector of sewing books as I have! If your already hooked then your in good company. Enjoy the books and keep sewing with a smile!