Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Dress I Made For Ashlyn



This dress I made for my niece, Ashlyn. The pattern I used was an out of print (OOP) pattern from Butterick #4417. I love the back of this dress! When it is tied it gives it a bustled look, which is so adorable! The fabrics are all 100 percent cotton and the black floral fabric was bought from Fashionablefabrics.com.
I used french seams on the sides and hong kong seam on the back for a clean finish. I also used 
hem tape along the hemline for added length as well as cleaner look. The dress is completely lined so no need for a slip


1 comment:

mopppy said...

oooh thats pretty, well done it looks fab!