Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Boutique Giraffe Recreation

 


When a friend asked me to recreate a boutique outfit that her daughter wore in the early 1990's, I was a little skeptical that I would be able. I set about gathering materials to match the photo she had sent me (bottom of page) and finding sewing patterns that would work with little alterations as she needed a 12 months size. 

I located the woven cotton dot fabric first and then had issues locating a pink knit. After some searching I thought I might be able to find a tee shirt in the color pink needed. What do you know? Found one! Deconstructed it and used it as fabric for the top. 

Now onto the patterns. The children's Brynn Top pdf pattern by Sew A Little Seam  using the tulip sleeve option and the Lollipop Baby Girl Bloomer pattern by Puperita. Giraffe applique was from the sewing pattern Ellie Mae Designs K133. 

Gathered my materials and deconstructed the tee shirt being careful to remove the ribbed collar as I would need that for the new one. Cut out my patterns and prepared to applique the giraffe.


Appliqued, sewed and embellished the giraffe to match what I could from the original photo and finished.


Original outfit below. 


No comments: