Saturday, November 1, 2008
Nathan's Halloween Costume 2008 "The Death Jester"
Nathan and I spent many hours on this costume. First he presented a picture idea, then we had to take his measurements, after that we had to draft a pattern. With all that behind us we still had to make alterations as we sewed. Boy did we ever sew and sew and sew up to minutes before time for him to go out. Getting the collar to stand up was an issue but we used floral wire fed into narrow seam-like pockets to make it pliable. All in all, we are pleased with the outcome. Oh, and he also had a skull mask that he lost somewhere in the neighborhood, running from ghost and ghouls I guess.