Sunday, September 29, 2013

BEFORE BOARDING YOUR FLIGHT DRESS

Second Mind Body and Sew Patterns Dress!!




This weekend was my twin daughters 25th birthday and flew home to celebrate with their parents. On their birthday I have them go thru my fabric and patterns to choose a garment that I will later mail to them. Well, they were having no part of mailing this dress and wanted it before they had to go back to the airport. WHAT!!!  I've made two of these dresses and the second one in about 4 hours. Getting faster with each one I make. haha 
My daughters chose a pattern that I was testing from  SEW ACTIVE PATTERNS ("Face the Sun Wrap Top/Dress Pattern) and some really cool jersey fabric that had purchased from fabric.com (https://www.fabric.com/buy/0302032/laguna-stretch-cotton-jersey-honeycomb-yellow?cm_vc=756b1813-cbc1-43b3-84bd-29889bf8fb7b) and had in my stash. 
Now about this dress. Before you board your flight  4 hour wrap dress. 
The grey, black and yellow hexagon fabric looks like one fabulous maze.  Complete with a surplice style neckline and flattering, tie-wrap waist. Its a formfitting silhouette with quarter-length sleeves that has a flawless look. 

Photos by: Hannah Brasher(daughter) and Model is: Gwendolyn Shearrow(daughter)

No comments: