Monday, September 30, 2013

Upcycling A Fur Coat into a Hat


Faux Fur Hat Made From Fur Coat
Upcycling A Fur Coat into a Hat


I always love going to costume party's. Last weekend I attended a party that required us to dress up as a character from the old Pink Panther movies. I chose the character Olga, the Russian Spy. She was wearing a long fur coat and fur hat in the movie. Well, first problem, I didn't own a fur coat or hat, so I headed to our local Goodwill and found two fur coats that were the same. One to wear as is and the other to make into a matching hat. (note: not real fur). I used this tutorial by Love To Sew:  http://www.lovetosew.com/hat.htm  Here are photos of the before and after:
Faux Fur Russian Style Hat made for party.
Faux Fur Russian Style Hat made for party.


Coat before the Hack
At the party as Olga the Russian spy
Olga (The Russian Spy


Olga The Russuan Spy
Inspector Clueseau with Olga Russian Spy
2nd coat hacked!

No comments: